It’s been almost a year and a half since I launched this blog, and exactly a year ago since I started doing tele seminars and e-courses online. I’ve loved connecting with so many of you and I’ve been honored that you have appreciated the words and experience that I’ve had to share with you.
More recently I’ve been conducting a BlogTalkRadio show on Tuesdays on Christian Women Affiliate, and I’ve started a Facebook page where we can all gather and ask advice and ask for prayer!
All of this has been done a little haphazardly, because I wasn’t sure where I was going when it all started. But this summer I’m going to hunker down and plan how to make this the most effective speaker training that I can give you for women’s ministry, at a very affordable (or even free) cost!
What I’ve decided is that some things take a little bit too much time, and I’m going to have to redesign them. Other things I need to start doing because I think they’d be more useful for you. So one big change I’ve decided is that instead of doing my radio show, I’m going to record 10 minute videos, hopefully one a week, that can help you. That way it will be easier for you to search for exactly the information you want, and you can just listen to that part!
I’m also going to separate my Twitter account into my regular account and my speaker training. So if you’ve been following me at Sheila Gregoire, switch over to womensspeaker! Or follow both!
So here’s what you can expect from me:
1. Twice weekly blog posts on something to do with a speaking ministry. I’d love to publish guest posts, so if you have anything burning you’d like to share, or if you want to get your name out there more and have a topic that you think would interest other speakers, send it to me and I’d be glad to consider it! (FREE)
2. Once weekly videos on something practical to do with speaking. I get asked certain questions a lot–how do I get my first engagement, what marketing materials should I have, how do I get less nervous, and I want to put my answers to these in an easy place! (FREE)
3. Amazing teleseminars chock full of information you’ll find invaluable–and accompanied by a very detailed handout so that you can put this stuff to work right away! I’ll do about four of these this summer (more information on dates and times soon), and then hopefully at least once a month starting in the fall. Here are some that we’re going to be doing soon: how to speak without notes; how to get your first paid speaking engagement; how to perfect your stage presence; how to launch your ministry. ($10)
4. E-courses that will teach you the business aspect of speaking, the marketing aspect of speaking, and the spiritual aspect of speaking, including how to create a talk that will change lives. These are so useful, and I want to keep the price really low so that more of you can start to use the gifts that God has given you! ($40-$75)
5. Consultant work. Do you want me to listen to one of your talks and critique it? I’ve had a number of requests, and I’m thinking I’m going to add this to my list of services in the fall. More information soon! I’ll also be available for phone consultations on marketing aspects of your ministry. ($25/30 minutes)
6. My Facebook and Twitter updates, which will also be full of information, and will be a great place to meet other speakers! We could even arrange for a Twitter or Facebook party every now and then, where we can all get together and ask questions! (FREE)
As you can see, most of this stuff is totally free! And you can get complete training for starting your speaking ministry for about $100, which would include the e-course and a number of tele seminars. I’m making this affordable so that together we can continue to spread God’s message.
Is there anything else you want me to offer? Let me know in the comments! And for now, I’m so happy that we can work together, and I hope I can continue to be an encouragement to you!