Yesterday on my Use Your Words BlogTalkRadio show I answered a bunch of questions that you all had put up on the wall of our Facebook group! Do listen in and get answers to questions like: How do I decide what to speak on? Do I need more than one talk? How do I branch out to speak beyond my church? What is my niche? Should I write a book? What do I do with CDs?
I thought it might be useful, though, to put up a post with links to other blog posts where I also tackled some of these questions. I know some of you are new to this blog, and you don’t really know where to start. So, in a nutshell, here are my thoughts on some of these issues:
What Should I Speak About?
- What Is Your Heart’s Message? Figuring out what God wants you to speak on.
- The Importance of Telling Your Story.
- The Ten Qualities of a Gifted Speaker. Do you fit?
How Do I Start Charging?
- When Should I Set a Fee?
- Creating a Fee Schedule
- Treating Speaking as a Business. My audio download!
Writing a Book
- Do You Really Want to Write a Book? My caution here.
- Be Careful About Self-Publishing Too Fast!
- How to Write a Book Proposal If you are going to write a book, here’s how to do it.
How Do I Get Those Beginning Engagements?
- Why Can’t I Get Bookings?
- Creating a Newsletter for your ministry
- Generating Word of Mouth for your ministry
- How to Get Better Bookings audio download!
I hope these links help you peruse this blog a little better, and answer some questions! If you have more, please leave a comment! I’m always looking for new things to write about or to devote my radio program to!